Highland Classic Motorcycle Club
Policy for Data Protection
This document has been prepared to summarise our compliance with the GDPR. It is intended as guidance on WHAT we do: the detail of HOW we comply is bound up in the detail of our process and forms.
- We use members’ data for the administration of the club and its membership. We also forward members’ data to the SVVF for distribution of the SVVF yearbook and invitations to SVVF events.
The members’ data that we keep is:
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail address
- Date of Birth
- Next of kin
We will keep members’ data for a period of 3 years and then we will delete it.
- NON-MEMBERS’ DATA
We also keep data on non-members who enter the Loch Ness Run organised by the HCMC, provided that we have their specific consent. This data is used to administer the LNR and to notify people of forthcoming club events and to send them club newsletters and is forwarded to SVVF for invitations to SVVF events.
The data we keep is:
Date of Birth
Next of kin
We will keep this data for a period of 12 months and then we will delete it.
The Membership Secretary is custodian of members’ data. The Treasurer is custodian of data for entrants of the Loch Ness Rally.
4.SHARING OF DATA
- We will not share a member’s data with another member without their permission.
- We will not share data with anyone outside the club other than as stated in paragraphs 1 and 2 above.
- Personal Data is shared amongst committee members for administration of the club. Ex-committee members will delete or otherwise dispose of personal data they have had access to in the course of their duties as committee members. There is a requirement to comply within 30 days of leaving post and to sign a statement that compliance has been completed.
5.ACCESS TO DATA
- Members and non-members have the right to see their data: requests should be made to the Chairman in the first instance.
- Non-members have the right to have their data held by the club deleted and requests should be made to the Chairman in the first instance. The club will comply with such requests within 30 days.
- The club website will include a cookie disclaimer and a privacy notice.
- In the event of a breach of GDPR the Club Chairman will report any breach to the relevant authority within 7 days.
End of document
Who we are?
- Our website address is: https://highlandclassicmotorcycleclub.org.uk.
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Who we share your data with?
- How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Your contact information
- Additional information
- How we protect your data
- What data breach procedures we have in place
- What third parties we receive data from
- What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
- Industry regulatory disclosure requirements